- July 31, 2019 - 22-23 July, 2019 - New York - Meeting of the INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI) and the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA).
- On 22 and 23 July the meeting “Supreme Audit Institutions making a difference: auditing the implementation of the sustainable development goals (SDGS)” was held in New York. It was organized by the INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI) and the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA). The meeting highlighted the distinctive characteristics of auditing the SDGs and how SDG audits can contribute to strengthening SDG implementation through the follow-up and review process. During the first day of the meeting, lessons from the SDG preparedness audits conducted under the programme in over 70 countries were shared. Participants shared innovations and country experiences and reflected on the challenges, opportunities and lessons learned from conducting audits of preparedness for SDG implementation, both in terms of substance and process. The second day of the meeting focused on the way forward. Participants discussed how to move from auditing preparedness to auditing the implementation of selected SDG goals and targets. Participants underlined the importance of a dialogue between SAIs, governments and other stakeholders regarding SDG implementation and the role of SAIs in the realization of the 2030 Agenda The Corte dei conti was represented by Judge of the International Affairs Office, Mrs Erika Guerri.
- July 15, 2019 - July 1- 4, 2019 - Meeting of the INTOSAI Capacity Building Committee and the INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation Steering Committee (IDSC)
- On July 1-4, 2019 the annual meeting of the INTOSAI Capacity Building Committee and the INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation Steering Committee (IDSC) was held in Tokyo, hosted by the Supreme Audit Institution of Japan.
During the meeting the participants examined criticalities and elements regarding the professional competence of Supreme Audit Institutions, i.e. working environment, audit standards, performance and capacity.
On the last day the “Regional Forum for Capacity Development” was held. During this event the participants discussed further issues and best practices for specific areas of Capacity Building.
At the end of the meetings, the participating SAIs affirmed the importance of International standards and cooperation among SAIs.
The Corte dei conti was represented by Counsellor Mr. Giuseppe Maria Mezzapesa.
- July 12, 2019 - June 27 and 28, 2019 - Meeting of the Contact Committee of the Presidents of the Supreme Audit Institutions of the European Union
- On June 27 and 28, 2019, the Meeting of the Contact Committee of the Presidents of the Supreme Audit Institutions of the European Union was held in Warsaw, hosted by the Supreme Audit Institution of Poland. The meeting was focused on the Digital Agenda for Europe with regard to the importance of the accessibility to information as it is fundamental in increasing the accountability and transparency of public institutions and in spreading the knowledge. The participants analysed the potential digitalisation in view of an increasing interaction and cooperation between institutions and communities. They also exchanged their experiences in carrying-out performance audits related to EU and national programmes in the area of e-Government and cybersecurity as well as in EU SAIs’ competence in auditing digitalisation and in using digital resources in audits. The Corte dei conti was represented by the Chief of the Cabinet of the President, Mr Mauro Orefice and by the Assistant Prosecutor General, Mr Giulio Stolfi.
- June 5, 2019 - May 15 and 16, 2019 - Meeting of the INTOSAI Working Group on Financial Modernization and Regulatory Reform
- International Affairs Office On May 15 and 16, 2019, the annual meeting of the INTOSAI Working Group on Financial Modernization and Regulatory Reform was held in Washington D.C.. The meeting was hosted by the United States Government Accountability Office, chair of the Working Group, and was attended by the delegations of several Supreme Audit Institutions and by representatives of the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and of Financial Stability Board. The delegates of the Supreme Audit Institutions reported on the organization of the financial supervision in their countries and the modernization efforts carried out or currently under way at national level. The Corte dei conti was represented by Ms. Erika Guerri, judge of the International Affairs Office, who presented a paper which, after an overview regarding the European legislation, explained the supervisory role of the Bank of Italy and of the CONSOB (the Commissione Nazionale per le Società e la Borsa – CONSOB - is the public authority responsible for regulating the Italian financial markets), as well as how the crises of banks and investment companies have been managed at national level over the last few years.
- April 17, 2019 - April 8 - 10, 2019, the Annual Meeting of the Liaison Officers of the Supreme Audit Institutions of the European Union
- International Affairs Office From April 8 to 10, 2019, the Annual Meeting of the Liaison Officers of the Supreme Audit Institutions of the European Union took place in Bucharest. The meeting dealt with the preparation of the next meeting of the Contact Committee of the Heads of the Supreme Audit Institutions of the European Union which, for the current year, will be hosted by Poland, and, moreover, assessed the current activities in this area. The Italian delegation, composed by Mr. Mauro Orefice, President of Chamber, Head of Cabinet and Liaison Officer, and Mr. Giulio Stolfi, Assistant Prosecutor at the Corte dei conti, reported on the work progress status of the activities chaired by the Italian audit institution, regarding: the Expert network on the independent assessment of national public economic policies; the Working Group on preventing and combatting irregularities and fraud and the Core Group 1 of the Value Added Tax Working Group.
- April 15, 2019 - April 7 - 10, 2019 the Chinese National Audit Office hosted the Sixth Meeting of the Global Audit Leadership Forum (GALF) in Shanghai
- From April 7 to 10, 2019, the Chinese National Audit Office hosted the Sixth Meeting of the Global Audit Leadership Forum (GALF) in Shanghai. The GALF meeting gathers, annually, some of the most representative Supreme Audit Institutions who exchange their points of view on specific issues of topical interest. The 2019 edition of the Forum dealt with “Big-data and Auditing” and “How to Improve Public Accountability through Environmental Auditing”. The Corte dei conti has been represented by Ms. Erika Guerri, judge of the International Affairs Office, who lectured on “The Italian Experience in the Environmental Sector”.
- April 15, 2019 - April 2 - 4, 2019 the Twelfth Meeting of the INTOSAI
- From April 2 to 4, 2019 the Twelfth Meeting of the INTOSAI Working Group on Key National Indicators has been hosted by the State Audit Office of Slovakia, in Bratislava. 19 Supreme Audit Institutions and the representatives of some International Organizations attended the Meeting. The latter focused on the activities carried out by the Group during last year, including the drafting of the Guidance on audit of the use and development of key national indicators and of the Guidance on audit of reliability of macroeconomic forecasts. Moreover, the intention of continuing the cooperation of the Group with the OECD has been reaffirmed. The Corte dei conti was represented by Counsellor Giuseppe Maria Mezzapesa, who lectured on "The Recent Developments of KNIs in Italy.”
- March 27, 2019 - March 27-29, 2019 - Budapest - Seminar of the European Union Contact Committee Fiscal Policy Audit Network and Europe 2020 Strategy Audit Network
- From 27th to 29th March 2019, the joint seminar of the European Union Contact Committee Fiscal Policy Audit Network and Europe 2020 Strategy Audit Network was held in Budapest.